Saturday, October 11, 2008

Withdrawal.

Dear Emi,

RED ALERT:
IKEA. Stopped. Carrying. Nyponsoppa.*


This is, in a word, worrying. Or two, extremely disconcerting.

I really don't know what I will do on cold nights to come without a hot mug of delicious rosehip soup. Are we being punished for electing Bush twice? Will we stop getting those delicious pastel candy cars too? And lingonberry jam? If we elect Obama, will you guys send us back our powdered fruit soup? I sure hope so. This is a very inopportune time for this, given that I'm very stressed out about this stupid election and need some comfort. Nyponsoppa is very comforting, don't you think?

In any case, I would like to stop seeing Sarah Palin and crazy righties who I am not entirely conviced actually live in the same country as me on my TV and start seeing more articles about this disturbing shortage!

From New York,
Lisa

P.S. Whats up with Iceland?!?!?


*To those who are not Emi, this is a delicious sweet Rosehip soup that I once carried 10 boxes of home from Goteborg.

2 comments:

jenny said...

if you pester emi enough, she'll send you some in the mail, as she did me!

emi guner said...

I will!
sadly, Iceland might very well be the next Argentina.

it's hitting very close to home. who knows if we might be next.